Measures are in place before treatment :-
- If you feel unwell with any symptoms of COVID please cancel your appointment and reschedule.
- If any member of your family or anyone you have spent more than 15 minutes who has tested COVID positive please cancel your appointment and reschedule.
- Currently, I’m only booking in double vaccinated clients with a negative lateral flow test on the day of appointment. If you haven’t any test kits I have some available at Lupton House within my treatment room.
- Hand sanitiser is available on entering the treatment room.
- There will be adequate ventilation in the treatment room. All surfaces and touch points will be totally disinfected with the appropriate spray after every treatment and the room will be thoroughly aired.
- I will be wearing a mask and most likely a face shield to keep both yourself and myself safe.
CONTRA – INDICATIONS
Massage is given for the purpose of relaxation and support. It is very unlikely that your medical condition will disqualify you from receiving it. The strokes will be always within your comfort.
Click here to see the Client Consultation Form
There are several conditions when massage is totally contra-indicated.
Massage should not be performed at all :-
- Under influence of alcohol and/or drugs (at least 12h before treatment)
Fever and/or flu
- When you generally don’t feel well, extremely weak, clinically exhausted
Some conditions require medical approval if you suffer from any of the following conditions – speak to your doctor first :-
- Heart or circulatory conditions, high or low blood pressure
- Kidney infections/disorders or any other ailments of the internal organs
- Nervous or psychotic conditions, epilepsy
- AIDS or HIV
Local contra-indications (massage can be performed over the rest of the body) :-
- Bruising, inflammation, pain, cuts, abrasions, sunburns, scar tissue, tenderness,
- Oedema, allergies/skin sensitivities, excessive sweating, hernia
- Recent fractures, strains or sprains
- Major or minor surgery (within the last 18 months).
- Areas of localised contagious skin disorders (eg verucca, athletes foot, psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis)
- Varicose veins
- The abdomen during the first three months of pregnancy.